Friday 18 June 2010

Tee on her travels...


Well I decided that I had some time on my hands the other day and decided to pay Bude a visit to actually see what the fuss is all about!
And I didn't need a homemade Tom Tom to get there!
I took the A39 rather than the A30 to get to sunny Bude and I'm quite glad I did as I went through some pretty villages like Camelford and other funny named villages like Box's Shop or this could be the other way round I can't remember but I felt I was on holiday myself with the sun shining and the wind in my hair as I sped along!
The reason I went to Bude as Cai, the shop manager, is always banging on about how much better it is than Padstow which I always beg to differ on several occasions!
Bude has defiantly got charm with the river at the bottom and quaint little shops but the best thing about the place is that it has a Gul Store smack bang in centre of where its all happening!
The Gul Shop in Bude has got everything you need from great fashion to whatever you need to get out into that water!
Although Gul Bude is a lovely shop with its own little charm, I can't help but compare it to the lovely and slightly better (!) Gul Padstow but one thing that I am slightly envious is the size of their stock room!
I think they could defiantly swing that big cat which Cai thinks he saw in that stock room!
This little trip has made me want to explore this area more like visit Tintagel, Boscastle and even to visit all the other Gul Stores!

No comments:

Post a Comment